main

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Girl who sneezes 12,000 times a day

Katelyn Thornley, 12, is desperate for relief from the exhausting condition, which started suddenly three weeks ago.
She said: “I’m constantly in pain with my abdomen, my legs are weak, I can barely eat.”
She sneezes 20 times a minute and cannot go to school. The only times she stops sneezing is when she falls asleep at night after taking antihistamines.
The bizarre affliction began out of the blue after a clarinet lesson last month.
She said: “I just started in little spurts, sneezing. I thought it was like, I’m allergic to something or didn’t wash out my mouthpiece the right way.”
Six doctors have examined her but none has so far found the cause or the cure.
They have ruled out viruses and allergies and believe it may be stress-related.
Katelyn’s parents, of Texas, US, appealed in a TV interview for expert help for their daughter.
Her mother said: “We’d love for this to lead to something. I mean it’s just so rare and difficult.”
The girl’s father said: “It’s hard to watch. Anything you talk to her about that irritates her — you can see it spike and continuous sneezing. It’s easy to trigger.”
Katelyn said: “I don’t care what they do, I just want it to stop going on for too long.
“Sometimes I wish I could leave my body for a little while so I could watch myself sleep and be at peace because even in my dreams, I sneeze.”
Watch her video below..

Source: The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment